The 2-3 block core rotation in the ICU is intended to provide residents in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine and other programs with experience in the evaluation and management of critically ill patients. Most residents find this rotation challenging but rate it as a valuable learning experience. This page is regularly updated with valuable information for housestaff in ICU, and you should refer to the documents and links below regularly during your rotation.
KHSC Rotation Contacts:
Karen Richardson, Education Program Assistant
Dr. Jason Erb, Rotating Residents' Coordinator
If you will be doing your ICU rotation at Lakeridge Health, Oshawa, please refer to the Oshawa ICU Rotation Page.
Introductory Memo to Housestaff (Must be reviewed prior to the start of your rotation)
- Goals and Objectives for Rotating Residents in the Intensive Care Unit
- Role Description for Rotating Residents in the Intensive Care Unit
- Resource Materials (via Elentra)
- KGH Cardiac Arrest Team - Description of Roles & Function
- A Guide to Central Venous Catheter Insertion
- Instructions for Dictating Death Summaries
- Vacation/Leave Request Form - KHSC
- Vacation/Leave Request Form - Oshawa
- Critical Care Medicine List of Most Common Diets and Modifications
Submit on-call stipend forms to: email@example.com